You Stepped in it.

You stepped in it.

You did.

You stuck in your foot right into a big pile of mess.

You became angry and shot your mouth off.  You got caught looking.  You thought no one would notice it was gone.  You assumed the worst of someone's words.

And now you are going to do what every sinner's first instinct is in this situation: stand your ground.

You are going to fight tooth and nail for your position.  You are going to scream, "Its not my fault!" until you are blue in the face.  You will run from every accusation, attack every accuser, and bit every hand that reaches out to help you.

I've been there.  Trust me, it will only lead to one place:

Isolation.

Let me give you some advice: repent now. 

I know you don't want to.  I know you feel vindicated.  I know you think all those people you had so much admiration and respect for two weeks ago are all dead wrong.

But just repent.  It is a lot easier to simply admit your guilt.  Well, its not easy.  But it is faster.  Life will get back on track that way.

Repent and receive forgiveness.  That is what Christ has called us to.  That is where your answer lies.  That is what you need.

My friend, this is the purpose of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  He came to make repentance possible for the likes of you and me.

So take full advantage.  Admit your guilt.  Confess your sins.  Jesus Christ is faithful and just.  He will forgive.
And so will His servants.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections on the Fall of a Pastor

One Thing Ken Ham Didn't Say, but Should Have

How to Read a Book (especially one written by someone with different beliefs)