We stand for Faith Alone!

Faith alone!  We believe, teach, and confess that people are justified before God "freely for Christ's sake, through faith."  This means that there is absolutely no act that I can perform which will set things right between God and me.  My salvation must be received as a gift, or not at all.

Yet faith is greatly misunderstood in our day.  Faith is not an act that I perform in order to be justified in God's sight.  Faith is not something that I do to make myself righteous.  That would merely make faith into a new, more wimpy type of Law.

Faith is a gift of God (Ephesians 2:8).  Faith is an open hand, and empty sack which acts as the conduit through which we receive Jesus Christ and His gifts.

And faith must be "in" someone or something.  Many today have faith in their faith.  They believe that because they believe, they shall be saved. 

True faith is not trusting that I have enough trust, however.  True faith is trusting Jesus Christ for my salvation.  It is believing that God will keep His promises to me in Christ.  Faith has an object, it has content [JESUS].  And it is on account of that object, and that object alone, that we are saved.

So do not look to your faith to save you.  Let your faith look to Jesus, and He shall surly save.

[Tomorrow: We stand for Grace Alone!] 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections on the Fall of a Pastor

One Thing Ken Ham Didn't Say, but Should Have

Why the Resurrection is the Only Answer that Matters